1. Entry to the competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. To enter the competition, entrants are invited to submit a photograph of the TSB Festival of Lights 2020/2021 to Facebook or Instagram by using the hashtag #BestFestographer.
3. The prize consists of a $500 voucher for a local business of your choice, which must be redeemed in-store within 12 months of receipt and the winner’s photograph featuring in TSB Festival of Lights’ marketing collateral (“the Prize”).
4. Employees of the New Plymouth District Council (the “Promoter”) and their immediate family members are ineligible to enter.
5. All entries must meet the following conditions:
a) The photograph must be taken at a TSB Festival of Lights event between Saturday 9 December 2020 and Sunday 31 January 2021.
b) The photograph must be received during the period commencing 19 December 2020 and ending on 1 February 2021 at 9am (“the Promotional Period”). Photographs received after the Promotional Period are ineligible for entry.
c) The hashtag #BestFestographer must be attached to the photograph in order to be entered into the competition.
d) Entrants under 18 years must acknowledge that they have their parent/legal guardian's permission to enter the competition. The entrant’s parent/legal guardian will be required to sign acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry prior to claiming the Prize. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to enter.
6. The entrant agrees that:
a) The Promoter may verify the validity of an entry and the entrant (including the entrant's identity and age) and disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
b) The competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and releases and indemnifies Facebook from any and all direct or indirect loss or damage whatsoever as a result of participating in the competition or accepting the Prize except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law;
c) Their name and photograph may be used for promotional, media and publicity purposes (including social media) and other promotional channels of the Promoter now and in the future.
7. A panel will select four photographs (“Selected Photographs”) from the qualifying entries received and those Selected Photographs will be posted on the TSB Festival of Lights Facebook page on 5 February 2021.
8. The public can vote, through Facebook, for the best of the Selected Photographs. Voting for the best photograph commences at 10am on Friday 5 February 2021 and ends at 4pm on Wednesday 10 February 2021 (“Voting Period”).
9. The Selected Photograph that generates the most ‘likes’, ‘wows’ and ‘loves’ on Facebook during the Voting Period will be declared the winning photograph (“Winner”). In the event of a tie the photograph with the greatest number of ‘loves’ will be declared the Winner.
10. Notification: The Promoter will notify the entrant of the Winner by publishing the Winner and the entrant’s name on the TSB Festival of Lights Facebook page on Thursday 11 February 2021. The Winner will also be published on the TSB Festival of Lights website, Instagram and other promotional channels.
11. To claim the Prize, the entrant must:
a) Send a private message to the TSB Festival of Lights Facebook page with their email address and daytime contact phone number; the Facebook profile must match the registered Facebook profile. The Prize can only be claimed by the entrant of the Winner.
b) Submit a high resolution photograph no smaller than 2MB.
c) Obtain and provide the written consent of all identifiable individuals featured in the photograph, and such consent shall authorise the publication of the photograph on the TSB Festival of Lights Facebook page and other promotional channels detailed in clause 6(c).
12. Prize not claimed: Where the entrant does not send a private message by 5pm, Friday 12 February 2021 then the Promoter is entitled to offer the Prize to the photograph that generated the second highest amount of ‘likes’ ‘wows’ and ‘loves’. The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promoter will not be:
a) Responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with the internet or network congestion, including any problems with transmission of entries over the internet.
b) Liable, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage whatsoever incurred by the entrant participating in the competition or accepting the Prize.
c) Responsible for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside the Promoters’ control and that entity fails to supply the Prize.
14. The Promoter may cancel, modify, suspend, or terminate the competition (including without limitation varying the Prize) at any time by notice published on the TSB Festival of Lights website.
15. Subject to the waiver of privacy as evidenced by the entrant’s entry when collecting personal information the Promoter will comply with the Privacy Act 1993 (and any legislation that replaces that Act).