Thanks for joining us at the festival!
We'll be back again from mid December 2015 to late January 2016 with new magical lighting features, amazing On Stage talent and Summer Scene events for families, see you then.
The festival is a must-do experience in Taranaki:
- Each year the festival transforms Pukekura Park into a beautiful illuminated night-time wonderland.
- Attracts over 100,000 visitors each year - locally, nationally and internationally.
- Over 1,000 lights are installed in the park, beautifully illuminating the trees and foliage surrounding the lakes.
- Summer Scene, the daytime event's programme for children and families, has 23 events this season. Sponsored by Tag Oil and Horizon Energy Services.
- On Stage, the night entertainment programme featuring nationally and international acts, has 47 performances this season. Supported by TSB Community Trust.
- Twilight movies, outdoor movies in the park is a magical experience under the stars. Bring a pillow and blanket to the Boat Shed Lawn. Sponsored by ITL.
New Zealand Recreation Association (NZRA)
The TSB Bank Festival of Lights has been named the most Outstanding Event in New Zealand, which recognises the recreation industry's most innovative and inspiring individuals and organisations.
New Zealand Association of Event Professionals (NZAEP)
'Best Established Community Event'
The TSB Bank Festival of Lights was voted the Best Established Community Event in New Zealand. The award recognises excellence in an event delivered to meet local community needs or provide an enhanced experience.
Finalist of the Local Government New Zealand Excellence Awards 2014
The TSB Bank Festival of Lights is a much loved community event in New Plymouth and is now the proud finalist of the Local Government New Zealand Excellence Awards for 2014.